People are at the core of our business and we believe everyone has a chance to be part of the future of work. At Badenoch + Clark, we believe in talent, not labels, and embrace diversity and promote more inclusive employment to our clients and partners.
An international leading real estate investment management company is looking for the Valuation and Accounting Officer to join their growing Luxembourg office.
As the Valuation and Accounting officer, you will assist the Conducting officer responsible for Central Administration and Valuation in its responsibility of evaluating European funds and their assets. In order to complete the valuation, the Valuation and Accounting officer will conduct all relevant controls for the delegated services and regulatory financial reporting and actively review draft asset valuations.
- Act as a liaison with independent auditors, (external and Internal) accounting, custodian, legal, tax and any other service providers, coordinate interim review procedures, as necessary, and final audits;
- Review of service provider performance and perform related RFPs, when required,
- Work closely with Company’s professionals in Europe and the US. (Portfolio Management, Tax, Legal, Compliance);
- Conduct consolidation/review of IFRS based financial statements and US Tax based financial statements and projections, as required;
- Conduct the review of NAV reconciliation between IFRS and other reported figures (eg. INREV, US GAAP etc.), as required;
- Review offering documents, partnership agreements and other related contracts to assist capital raising efforts for new Funds
- Review cash reconciliations; GP and LP Capital Availability Reports;
- Manage the roll-up of consolidated budgets and forecasts and preparation of Annual/Quarterly Fund Budget Reviews, and GP Budgets where applicable;
- Perform treasury functions for the Fund, as needed, including cash management, debt compliance and risk management, and release payments as an authorized signatory;
- Analytical review of all fund level financial statements and analysis, as well as overall presentation;
- Establish new entity structures within AX (Microsoft dynamics) and the reporting system;
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to investors by the service provider;
- Review of, including, but not limited to, Preliminary NAV/ AMF/ preferred return/promote/performance fee calculations;
- Manage/Review INREV reporting as required;
- Manage quarterly compliance Reporting/Testing as required at the Fund level (including AML, KYC compliance of investors through liaising with investors, Transfer Agent and AIFMD reporting);
- Conduct a periodic detailed review of fund working papers, etc.;
- Review audited financial statements with complete footnotes;
- Oversee the conversion of statutory books into LUX GAAP, or US Tax basis books, as required;
- Manage or review periodic or ad-hoc investor reporting
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of Fund Valuations and Property Valuations, as required;
- Research technical accounting issues and coordinate treatment with independent auditors, create and document Company’s position papers in conjunction with the Transaction Team.
- Liaise with relevant Teams, including the team in charge of property accounting and external parties to obtain quarterly draft properties valuations;
- Organise ongoing valuation process ;
- Perform substantive controls over key inputs used to compute valuation propositions;
- Challenge cost-based valuations;
- Document controls performed on an ongoing basis;
- Escalate any potential discrepancy to management.
- Participate in ad-hoc AIFM projects;
- Involvement in Acquisition/Disposal of Assets, including travel to a relevant European country when necessary;
- Assist in structuring/funding at Fund level.
- Post-qualified experience in public accounting and/or real estate accounting,
- Experience with direct real estate valuation,
- Good knowledge of DCF or other methodology of property valuation,
- Exposure to a Luxembourg FCP Structure is a clear advantage,
- Knowledge of all entity information documents and structuring considerations, both relevant IFRS and tax,
- In-depth knowledge of current trends and strategic developments in real estate investment is a distinct advantage,
- Advanced skills in Excel,
- Demonstrate an ability to adhere to tight deadlines and deliver objectives under pressure,
- Be personally organised and structured to operate in a fast-moving and challenging environment,
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and highly results orientated
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role, or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Khrystyna Sahan as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity.
We’ll help you go further.
Khrystyna Sahan +352 26 19 28 1011